Thursday, January 22, 2009




I made this wooden purse for my little buddie Tanja for her birthday. I am really happy with how it turned out. The Antique style of this project was inspired by Kirsten Aune whose blogg I lurked out. Kirsten does the most amazing work.

I picked up the wooden purse from Spotlight. Chippies from Scrap FX (I think). Paper, Ink & Glitter from Stampin Up. Paint from MM.

I got the girl image from a children's website which have printable colouring-in pages. I printed the image onto SU Whisper White and then coloured in the image using ink, water and a paint brush. Distressed, stained and hand sewed the background paper along with lace.










The next image is from a photo swap that was organised over at Scrapbook Capital. Using Bazzill I stamped (Autumn Leaves) flourishes all over the page then clear embossed the images.



Made tag, added photo and then added metal embellishments. The quote at the bottom says "There is no gift greater, than the gift of a child".






Bye for now.
Lyndall

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Lyndall....Congrats on your blog I will add you to my blog list.Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL DONE lYNDALL - YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME TO HAVE A GO AT SETTING ONE UP - ANY HINTS ON HOW TO MAKE THE POSTS COME UP ON THE PAGE AND NOT JUST IN YOUR ARCHIVE????

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous purse and layout Lyndall, and woohoo a new blog to stalk

    ReplyDelete