Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Envelope Box


Today I made an envelope holder to store all my SU Envelopes. I got to have a play with my nestabilities - yippee. This is the first time I have made a box using Cardboard instead of folded cardstock. I was really happy how it turned out and keen to go down to my LCS to buy some more cardboard. I am adding dimensions and instructions incase you are interested in making this box. So here we go...


Stuff Needed
Cardboard (I used 1mm thk cardboard)
Printed Paper (Melissa Francis)
Stamp (Magnolia stamps)
Ink (SU)
Glue (pritt)
Card Stock (SU).


Step 1

Make out the above dimensions onto your cardboard and cut out. Click on image to get a larger view.

Step 2

Glue on cardstock of the inside of the box, then using a craft knife cut excess paper off. Do this to all of the cardboard pieces.

Step 3

Glue the wrong side of patterned paper to all the othersides of the cardboard, allowing ample space between each piece.

Step 4

Mark out then cut out the demensions of each space. It is important that the top side of each piece is cut out 1 cm from the cardboard edge.

Step 5

Glue both front flaps to the front of the box. Then back flaps to the back of the box.

Step 6
Cut 1 piece of patterned paper at 17cm long x 10.5 wide.
Cut another piece of patterned paper 17cm long x 14.5 wide.

Step 7
Glue these pieces to the front and back of box making sure that the paper overlaps the top of the box at exactly one centimeter.

Step 8

Fold and glue down the top lip on all sides.

Step 9
cut out another piece of cardboard measuring 16.8 cm x 7.8cm (this is allowing for 1mm thk cardboard - adjustsments will need to be made if your cardboard is a different thickness.)
Glue internal cardstock (the pink) on to bottom. Then trim oround the edge.

Step 10

Place cardboard into bottom then glue down the flaps.


Step 11

Stamp a picture and colour in. Then cut out an oval shape (this is where i got to use my nestibilities). Glue to front of box.



Hope you like.

Happy Crafting

Cheers

Lyndall

2 comments:

  1. wow Lyndall, looks like you have been busy. I forgot you had a blog. Best I add you to my list of stalking to be had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome envolope holder !Your to clever Lyndal..looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete